Tuesday, December 6, 2016

What you don't see

There is a world inside me you rarely even get to see
How I hide who I really am to avoid hurting you
How I hide when I feel like screaming out in pain 
How I hide the tears I'm crying inside when you hurt me
How simple comments rip a hole in me I cannot bear 

There is a world of tears, pain and expectations
You cannot meet
I cannot meet
I cannot stop
You cannot stop

Because inside my Borderline there is no stopping it all
There is no grey area
There is no pain free zone
There is no hiding from humiliation
There is no hiding from hurting you
There is no hiding you from me
At least not in my head

Because inside my lashing out
I want you to hold me
I want you to keep me safe
I want you to love me
I want you to care

But instead I push you away
I lash out at you
I scream at you
I blame you

When all the time I want to tell you all the things about...

What you don't see.

No comments: