Friday, April 21, 2017

My Dad

My Dad tried to love me but he didn't seem to know how
My Dad tried to teach me how to fix my own car or bike
My Dad tried to reach me when I was seemingly lost in life
My Dad tried to show me how to be a good father when I failed to be
My Dad died to teach me how to die like a man

To this day I can't seem to live up to the examples set in front of me
To this day I can't teach my boys how to be men
To this day I can't show my kids how to act like a grown up
To this day I can't show the world I know how to die like a man

Someday soon I will and when that day comes I won't shed a tear
I will raise my head up high because at my last rites I will die and be buried with Honors
Which is more than how I was able to live my life thus far
And no one can take that away from me, ever.

No comments: